Tuesday, February 24, 2009

WOD 02/24/2009 What was I Thinking

Today I was itching to get out for a long slow ride before I start again with 2 a days tomorrow. The weather had other ideas. Throughout the morning there was a very light mist and after lunch there was little to no rain with the occasional sun break. So, I donned my gear and took off optimistic for a good ride. It immediately started to rain, but not to hard. Just enough to inhibit my vision through my glasses. After about 10 minutes the rain picked up and I was soaking wet. But I was reminded of last weeks Tour of California where the pros were subjected to hard driving rain, steady 25-30mph head winds, and freezing temps. So I drove on, convincing myself how its not that bad. About 20 minutes later and I realized those guys get paid pretty good money to ride all day in the rain and all I get is to get to change out my brake pads sooner and probably a cold. So I decided to head back and hit the Spinning bike.

1 hour total/30min road -30min spinning bike
$3.57 for cough drops

No comments:

Post a Comment