Thursday, February 26, 2009

WOD 02/26/2009 - Donut Anyone?

Donuts are so good...Anyway my family went to Trader Joe's today to get "healthy food" but after reading some labels from various packaged Organic foods I realized there is just as much crap in these "healthy" foods as anything else. Mostly sugar. On the other hand I feel fresh organic products like fruit, meat, eggs, and milk do have benefits b/c its not grown or raised with hormones, antibiotics, or pesticides. I'll get off my soapbox but my point is "what is healthy?" On a weight loss note the New England Journal of Medicine did a study on all different types of diets and concluded that they all work to a point. But the biggest contributing factor for the people who lost weight and kept it off is that they cut an average of 700 calories from their diet and started exercising. WOW...Who Knew!

1 Hour on Spinning Bike

No comments:

Post a Comment